CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Top Story on Yahoo Mail news feed

Cedar Rapids Flooding

I finally shut the video feed off when I left work at 8:00. Then I get on to check my email earlier. And there it was. Cedar Rapids is the top story on Yahoo's mail news feed.

I've talked to many that I know in CR. Some are evacuated. Some have no power and moved to friend's houses. One has decided to leave town. All seem to be in shock at the water's devastation.

I keep watching things I know. Stores I grew up shopping at. The office building I used to work in. The shop we used to run. All under water. Then I think of those in shelters that are spending their time watching news feed of their homes that are now under water.

I can't even imagine.

My prayers go out to everyone affected.

1 comment:

Becki said...

Yikes! My parents were in Iowa last week, and left in a hurry as the water rose!
Hope everyone you know is all right - and thoughts and prayers to everyone affected!