CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The 10 Random Things That Didn't Get Written on Friday

Happy Saturday!
  1. Yesterday's post did not happen because I was too busy trying to keep my eyes open and make my head see straight. You see, Thursday was my birthday. And I had the brilliant idea to celebrate with a few friends, dueling pianos, a couple of dirty martinis and a Blue Moon or two. Or maybe it was three, or four, I have no clue how many to be honest with you. But I remembered the "liquor before beer you're in the clear" thing. I know we had fun because apparently there are blackmail pictures to prove it. Let's just state for the record though that I am no longer 21 and I can no longer party like I am.
  2. My birthday was Thursday. : )
  3. As was explained in another post.... I was at a conference Tuesday - Thursday afternoon. Got way more out of the conversations with colleagues than I learned at the conference. But the refresher courses are always good.
  4. Being gone for 48 hours seems a lot longer when you include 2 overnights in there. I was so looking forward to a couple of days away from home. And then all I really wanted was to be at home. See how I am?
  5. Remember the post about the fridge last weekend? Well my friend was nice enough to call and tell me that the problem is that I have a Whirlpool. ok. maybe that's not the way he put it. What he said was, "your fridge is a Whirlpool, right?" "It's the thermostat." So then he told me how to fix it. And it seems pretty easy. Except for the part where I have to clean out the thing and let it thaw out so that the lines all drain. So now we are trying to use everything in the fridge without buying anything new. Which is cool because I don't have to go to the grocery store. But not so cool because egg, avocado, sauerkraut and ketchup sandwiches weren't well received.
  6. The Babe is stuck on Scooby Doo at the moment. It was cool at first. Now it is going in the same direction as WonderPets, Dora, SpongeBob, and Care Bears.
  7. I miss Calvin and Hobbes comics. If there were new ones, I'd subscribe to the paper again. Ok, maybe not. But I'd look them up on the internet every day.
  8. I am craving sushi. Can you imagine that? Me? I think a Kirin Sake Bomb might help with the fog still lingering from Thursday night. Anybody?
  9. I don't drink anywhere as much as my posts would suggest. For those of you who are concerned. And to you who are concerned... thank you. I love you too.
  10. I am wearing a sweatshirt and shorts today. Which means that weatherwise, this is an awesome day.





  11. No matter how many times I hit 'Enter' Blogger won't stop with the numbers. And I'm too lazy to go figure it out at the moment. It's some easy code thing I'm sure but I'm not much of a coder figureouter today. Happy Happy to all of you! May the rest of the weekend rock.

No comments: