CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

10 Random Things for a Friday

  1. Most everyone around me calls me a vegetarian. I'm not. Never claimed to be. I'm actually a Pescetarian. I never knew that is what it was called until I read something else this week. Then I read this other webpage and now I feel bad about eating fish. Not that I ever gave up land animals because of an ethical reason. Just because I feel better when I don't eat the stuff. Will she give up sushi? Criminy that's a tough one.
  2. I'm going to Dallas next weekend for a training/retreat for Team Hope. And I get to my sister and her family so that is a bonus.
  3. Our interview with KWWL last weekend went really well. (thanks Nate!) I'm really excited about the story they are doing. It's not an Erin story. It's a missing person's story. And that is way cooler than any Erin story could ever be. Not that an Erin story is bad and I'd never turn one down (ok, once I did) but it gets attention for the WHOLE PROBLEM of missing persons. Not just Erin. There are 329 more missing kids in Iowa. They deserve attention too.
  4. I lost the Halloween battle at my house. I kind of caved. We did get a costume for little one. She's going to be an angel. Ok, she already is an angel. Now she's just getting the real fake wings. Can't believe how expensive costumes are. It's insane I tell you. And I feel like a sell out for caving. But I might get over it. Maybe. But she's dressing up like an angel and that's pretty fitting. Cripes, this shouldn't be eating at me so bad!
  5. We installed a new furnace at work Wednesday. I've had a headache ever since. Don't know if it's the PVC glue or the oil burning off the inside but I've spent most of the rest of the week with the doors and windows open and the fan on.
  6. I "googled" myself yesterday. It's amazing the things you can learn. Even searched by my maiden name. That was a trip.
  7. Remember the PANIC POST from earlier this month? Well it is now the end of the month and I didn't get it all done. And I have to just be OK with that and let it go.
  8. I need a vacation. Somewhere with water you can snorkel in. Anybody got a lot of frequent flyer miles they want to donate to the cause?
  9. I think we might take little one to Dallas for Thanksgiving. It's a long drive though so it's hard telling.
  10. I'm making pumpkin puree this weekend. And some pumpkin bread and roasting pumpkin seeds. Fun will be had by all.

Happy day my friends! Be well and be safe.

No comments: