CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's Arctic not Artic

the local news channel has a front page story about the cold weather. It's been on the front page of their website since mid evening yesterday. It's titled "Artic blast closes schools". It's ArCtic. Not Artic. Notice the first C? It's driving me nuts.

So I emailed them. Wonder if they'll fix it. I feel better now that I emailed them. Should have done that last night.

Here is our Arctic Cold Blast though --- Keep in mind that the "wind chill" is -25 degrees. It's cold. It's 10:30 in the morning. And it's cold.

Gotta love Nebraska.

3:45 update -- they took the Artic story off the front page. There is now a blurb on the narrative forecast. They must have gotten my email. (or a better spell check)


1 comment:

Becki said...

And did you know 'arctic' is a word for bear? There are bears in the Arctic Circle, but none in Antarctica. I forget where I heard that...