CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What a Depression would look like

I'm glad I have a job that is pretty much recession/depression proof. And we have the land to raise what we need. I'm lucky that way.

I know this is a pessimistic view on the direction of all things financial. But this article is an interesting view on the way that things "could look like" if we were to have another depression. Scary as it is, we are closer to it than at any other time in our lifetimes. Boston Globe Article

That said - I feel for those that have lost their homes. I feel the impact of those who have lost their jobs. I feel for those that have lost 50 - 60% of their retirement and are living off of that money. And I know based upon what we are seeing at my job that it is only getting worse. Are we headed for a depression?

Food for thought I guess.

Me, I'm going to keep looking for ways to cut costs. And still eat something other than beans and rice.

No comments: