CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Peek Inside My Brain -- DNA

So today they found 2 bags of bones inside a warehouse in Dows, Iowa. I read it online on KETV.com. My head immediately goes to the idea that it could be Erin in those bags. I mean, really? What are the chances of that being true? Slim to less than none. But that is where my brain goes. To Erin. to the possibility that she is somewhere. even in Dows, Iowa. You know this is going to bother me until they identify the remains. Better hope that happens soon. DNA match if it is just bones.

When Erin disappeared, no one told us we should keep her toothbrush or her hairbrush. She was just a teenage run away you know. We wouldn't need to identify remains a decade later or anything like that. So we didn't save anything.

So instead, about a month ago, the county sheriff came and took a DNA sample from Jim (Erin's dad) and Amber (Erin's sister). The can use that DNA to reconstruct a DNA match in the database. The DNA database is in Ft Worth, Texas. They are working on matching DNA in missing persons' cases to known DNA samples.

I'm not holding out hope for a match. Because that would mean I no longer have any "hope" that Erin will be home.

And I'm not ready for that yet.

No comments: