Monday, March 29, 2010

Today was DEFINITELY a Monday

Definitely. See. I spelled it correctly again! See how cool I am?

OK so today was definitely a Monday. And full of enough Monday carp that it should qualify as TWO Mondays. Does that mean I get a free pass next week?

The whole thing started with the Babe refusing to get ready to go. Flat out refused. I got her dressed after much "discussion". Then went into the bathroom to do something or other that I can't remember now. I think it was to brush my hair. But any way. I came out of the bathroom to find the same little 3 year old that I had just gotten dressed now naked as a jaybird. So the whole "discussion" about getting dressed started. all. over. again. All of this because she thought that we needed another home day. Which overall makes me feel good that the Babe wants to spend the day with me. Which I know won't be true for forever. But at 8:30 on a Monday morning when I should have already been at work, it was NOT quite so good.

So then I got to work. There is a two car spaces wide area of concrete jack hammered up in the driveway to the parking area. Jacked up and taped off with safety tape and cones but jacked up all the same. Went inside and asked about it. No one had any clue. Apparently somebody in an unmarked white truck just drove up and jacked it up. Taped it off and drove off.

Sounds ominous doesn't it? Ok, so not really. It's just concrete after all.

Called the sewer company. They said they have no idea. No work scheduled on our street. Called Digger's Hotline. They say that it is marked as "sewer work". So wouldn't you think that the sewer COMPANY would know that sewer work was being done? yeah, me too. I decided I was tired of dealing with it. Somebody would eventually come back to work on it. Then I got a phone call about 3 hours later. Apparently they were doing work. They just didn't know it.

Yes. I know. You just read this far and it's now apparent that it is non-climactic. lol

Ok, so anyway.... the phone rang off the hook all freakin' day. And then I get a call at about 2:00 wanting to know if somebody could meet with me in "about an hour". Wanted about 1/2 hour of my time. They got there at 3:15. When I walked him out I locked the door behind him. It was 4:30. So much for a 1/2 hour.

I got ZERO done today. Happy Monday.

So how was your Monday?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your

Best regards,

Mike Thomas